An unforgettable high energy run/walk event with hops, high fives, a mid-point beer, and a finisher beer – the Ultimate Beer Run. Half of the registrants will start at Third Space and run/walk to City Lights where they will be treated with a freshly brewed beer. The other half of the registrants will start at City Lights and run/walk to Third Space where they will enjoy their very own freshly brewed beer. After savoring the goodness at the turn-a-around, each of the respective groups will return to their starting location and be rewarded with yet another beer! If that's not positive reinforcement for your running feat, we don't know what is.
You can walk, jog, run, crawl, wheelbarrow race – totally up to you! The course is a circle, but don’t worry, we’ll have volunteers along the way to keep you on track. Everyone is welcome to stick around and enjoy the day’s entertainment: food, fun, more beer, yard games! The race is not timed and your final medal will arrive in a sustainable liquid form when you get back to your starting brewery.
Mouth Watering Food Options
There will be delicious, mouth watering food for purchase at the end of your journey with a full menu (brunch!) at City Lights Brewing Company and select American food from MOTOR Bar & Restaurant at Third Space Brewing!
For the incredibly reasonable cost of just $35 ($45 after September 14), you get:
- the running time of your life,
- innumerable high fives as you pass runners going in the opposite direction,
- TWO, yes TWO, incredible complimentary beers,
- a fashion forward event T-shirt,
- $1 off each beer at City Lights Brewing and Third Space Brewing for the WHOLE day on September 29,
- the satisfaction of knowing that all net proceeds will benefit Menomonee Valley Partners, a nonprofit that is working to make the Menomonee Valley the best it can be.
The first male and female finisher will get the best gold medal of all, a growler full of a freshly brewed beer of their choice.
Everyone who registers by September 14 is guaranteed a t-shirt. We'll order some extras, but they are first-come, first-served based on registration after September 14.
Some more important things to note:
- This will be an OPEN course, meaning roads will not be closed. You are responsible for obeying all traffic laws and regulations. Please stay to one side of the sidewalk/trail – no one’s playing chicken and bikes might need to pass. We apologize in advance if a train decides to block the course for a few minutes. If that happens, please know it was planned ahead of time to give you the chance to get to know your fellow beer lovers just a bit better.
- You must be at least 21 to take part in this event. Bring a valid ID or driver’s license. Please drink responsibly.
- We run rain or shine! Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- There will not be a bag check; please plan accordingly.
- The fun-run starts at 11am sharp! Plan to arrive about 30 minutes prior to check-in, stretch your legs and drinking arm, and enjoy some pre-race festivities. Don’t forget some extra $$$. In addition to your complimentary beers, there will be merchandise and food for sale from the breweries, food trucks, and plenty more beer!
- Each brewery has a parking lot. Carpool to save the environment and don’t forget a designated driver.
- Look for our informational email closer to the event. We will remind you of these details and share anything else you might need to know.
Questions? Contact Michelle Kramer at Michelle@RenewTheValley.org or call 414-221-5508.