Get your tossing arm ready for bags, brews, and bragging rights during the first Valley Week Bags Tournament as you toss your way to the top! You could also take home one of many sweet raffle prizes!
This new unique event gives Valley businesses the chance to network and mingle while enjoying some friendly competition and great views from the Harley-Davidson Museum's lawn. Bring out friends and coworkers to cheer you on, take part in lawn games, enjoy MOTOR®'s outdoor firepit, and welcome the fall weather. Food and drink will be available for purchase from MOTOR® Bar & Restaurant.
The funds raised will be donated to Menomonee Valley Partners, a nonprofit group working to revitalize and sustain the Menomonee River Valley as a thriving urban district that advances economical, ecological, and social equity for the benefit of the greater Milwaukee community.
The rain date is Tuesday, October 2.
Each teams consists of 2 people. We’re accepting up to 32 teams so REGISTER SOON! Spots may fill up quickly. Registration is exclusive to Valley businesses until August 14 - businesses are encouraged to host internal playoffs for the winning team of employees to represent your business. Each Valley business is invited to register one team until August 14 and then registration will open to the general public and for Valley businesses to add teams.
Registration is $75 per team and includes:
- One beer, wine, rail cocktail, or soda per team member (additional drinks and food may be purchased)
- The opportunity to contribute a bags board with your company's logo for extra visibility
- A chance to win additional prizes (below)
- 20 raffle tickets
- Feeling great about supporting Menomonee Valley Partners, a nonprofit group that has worked for 19 years to revitalize the Menomonee Valley!
- Inaugural Valley Bags Tournament trophy for the team taking first place
- Top three placeholders announced at the Valley Week Business Luncheon on September 27
- Special prizes for the best dressed (interpret that how you will!)
Even if you don't take home the inaugural trophy, there are other ways to win! Raffle prizes include:
- Harley-Davidson leather jacket
- $50 gift certificate to MOTOR® Bar & Restaurant
- Growler + fill at Third Space Brewing
- Growler + fill at City Lights Brewing Company
- Basket full of Palermo's Pizza perfection
- Rishi Tea gift basket
- Sobelman's Bar & Grill Bloody Beast
- Oil change at Badger Truck Center's Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center
- Velobahn Coffee & Cycle Gift Pack & Coffee Card
- BBC Lighting Tiffany-style golf lamp
- Bottle of vodka from Great Lakes Distillery
Tickets are $1 per ticket or $20 for a wingspan (up to 40 tickets!). The drawing will take place at 7 p.m. during the Bags Tournament. You do not need to be present to win, but you will need to write your contact info on all those tickets!
The bracket will be capped at 32 teams with a two game minimum (double elimination). The teams will comprise of 2 individuals. Each game will begin with a coin toss with the winner determining whether they would like to toss first. Play to 21 points and you may go over. While bags is fun, we want to be sure we finish at a decent time so you can get your beauty rest for work the next day!
Questions? Contact Michelle Kramer at Michelle@RenewTheValley.org or call 414-221-5508.